Deploying the SMART Document Solution on Evaluation Certificates and Medical Permits UAE Ministry of Health (MOH) has a vision of providing better healthcare services to the people living in the UAE. A vision that requires close view and control over healthcare related practices especially In the private sector.
Private Medical Licensing Department (PML) is one of the main departments responsible for achieving this vision in the healthcare private sector. PML established a well-defined set of standards and quality criteria for the medical establishments that would like to provide healthcare services to the UAE community.
PML has enforced a license process on the UAE medical establishments in order to be legal. It also keeps a record of the status and history of these medical establishments. The purpose of these procedures is to a have a better vision, control over the private healthcare sector and a solid data infrastructure that supports future business decision making.
For this reason, PML intends to modify the current licensing business process to become computerized by applying Microsoft Share Point to have unified online access to its licensing services as well as electronic Microsoft SQL-Server database with complete history for all medical establishments.
Business Areas Involved
Medical Licensing Department
Across the UAE, several medical licensing districts fall under the jurisdiction of the Medical licensing department.
There is Medical District Office In all seven Emirates. The medical district offices responsible for the following.
• Receiving medical establishments' applications for obtaining MOH Medical License
• Executing field visits to the medical establishment In order to audit the facility and ensure compliance with MOH quality regulations
How the system works?
Issuer: Ministry of Health - UAE
- MOH issues the evaluation certificate and medical permits to medical practitioners (doctors, pharmacists, technicians etc.), This is done after storing and encrypting the information on the chip.
- The SMARTchip is issued by using a writer device connected to a computer
- Verify the authenticity of Evaluation Certificates and Medical Permits, the concerned party reads the stored data from the chip using a reader, a desktop or mobile device, PDA
- Check results displayed on the screen clearly and to verify these results with what is stored on a smart chip to ensure the authenticity and validity of data evaluation certificates and medical Permits
- Check the data for certificates and licenses medical evaluation within the Ministry of Health through a computer provided with a desktop reader to read the smart chip